Flying in the clouds… If you can describe yourself with this phrase then probably you would love the idea of a cloud tattoo. Below we will discuss everything about this kind of tattoo and its special features.
How to understand if this tattoo is good for me
People often have doubts about their choice of sketch or tattoo idea. Helping you to make this decision we may say that a cloud tattoo is usually preferred by people having the next qualities of personality or interests:
- Freedom inside;
- Interest to everything new;
- Childish spontaneity.
If at least one quality from this list is describing your personality then a cloud tattoo is really that thing you were looking for.
The meaning of the symbol
There are a lot of words that can describe the general meaning of a cloud symbol. We have to mention the most important ones among them below:
- Dreams and bright ideas.
- Love to the nature and especially sky.
- Cleariness and purify.
If you are making your own sketch without using someone’s ideas you may put in it your own meaning. Express it into some additions, colours and a size you can use.
There is no official history of this symbol’s appearance. By the way, we may give some information about cloud’s meaning in different cultures in the world:
- China. People here believe that the cloud shows you your own way to happiness and freedom.
- Japan. According to Japanese traditions cloud could help you to make your desire or dream real.
- Greece. In the Ancient times people thought that the cloud brought the message from the gods. This idea appeared because.
Olympus was surrounded by clouds. When clouds flew away it meant that gods sent something to the folk.
Some of the meanings from that times exists even now. Probably that’s the reason why the symbol of clouds is so popular.
Where to get your cloud tattoo?
It’s very important where you are getting your cloud tattoo. Every tattoo master knows that one place on your body can make your tattoo look better while the other one spoils it.
Ideas for girls
For girls it’s better to choose the next spots for a cloud tattoo:
- Arm, especially the forearm.
Women choose a final place for their tattoo based on the size of the sketch and the whole idea. Rarely it can be their leg or hip.
Variants for boys
Men usually prefer some of the next spots for their cloud tattoo:
Let’s repeat that you may choose different spots for your tattoo depending on its sketch.
Your best style
Choosing style is a very important step in your cloud tattoo choice. It should be chosen very accurately. The next ones ae the most preferable:
- Realism. If you love nature and think that clouds are very impressive as they are then realism is supposed to be your choice.
- Dotwork or blackwork. Those are the perfect options for people loving dark colours and melancholia. This kind of people chooses a combination of this style and cloud tattoo because it’s a good way to think about something important.
- New school. Very vivd and modern style of tattoo that can make your sketch really unique and unusual through thick lines and bright colours.
If your cloud plays a role of just an element of the whole part (for example a sleeve), then you should choose the style according to your own tattoo idea.
Different variations of the symbol
Put some additions to your cloud by playing with your tattoo idea and making it better!
Options for boys
Look at the ideas below to get an inspiration for your sketch:
- Weather details. Lightning or stars, a huge variety of colours, you may express your current mood through these additions and update the symbol of dream with them.
- Picture. You may create the whole picture using the cloud. The only thing is that here you have to choose a realism style tattoo.
- Faces. Make your tattoo funny by putting a face in your cloud. Probably it’s smiling?
Ideas for girls
- Birds. For thouse who have a dream of being a bird or the ability to fly like a bird, this would be the best option.
- Planes. If you love travelling that plane as a symbol of this is supposed to be a part of your cloud tattoo.
- Rain. If you are a romantic person then a raining cloud like a crying cloud is your perfect option.
Play with different tattoo styles to get the best unusual result. But don’t forget about the combinations between pictures and styles.
Famous people with a cloud tattoo
A cloud tattoo is a pretty popular option. Even celebrities do love this interesting symbol with its rich variety of meanings. Let’s look at them now:
1. David Beckham.
2. Justin Bieber.
3. Renee Phoenix.