Tattoos on legs today may be found a little less than other tattoos, because the legs, especially in males, are rarely exhibited to the public. However, women made the tattoo on feet an integral part of the great art of tattooing.
Among other areas, suitable for a tattoo, it is necessary to allocate the ankle area.
This tattoo basically is little noticeable. So, they aren’t attention-getting, rather practical.
It illustrates a good taste, even in relation to the tattoo. Ankle tattoos represent really beautiful attire for the attractive female legs.
This kind of tattoo can emphasize on the strong sides of your body, especially if you are not a lucky owner of a sexual figure.
They are also comfortable in the way that you can hide them under your everyday clothes and represent it only when you want.
Ankle tattoo gives you the opportunity to develop your sketch, for example, to a shin or foot.
Relatively low price. As ankle tattoos are of small size they usually do not require significant costs.
How painful are ankle tattoos?
Tattooing on this part of the body is an example of averaging, and the painful feelings here depend exclusively on the “characteristics of the patient”. This is not a fleshy part of people’s body so the tattoo process may cause several uncomfortable feelings.
Considering the fact, that the bearers of ankle tattoos are primary girls and women it is obvious that their skin is thinner and more susceptible to pain. That’s why it can be some blood when tattooing. But as these tattoos are small, the process isn’t durable.
Meaning of ankle tattoos
Men’s tattoos on the ankle are much less common. However, the old style lovers popularize this place on the body for men as well.
If we talk about men’s versions of ankle tattoos, we will see that the sketches of them mostly represent some letters or bracelets.
Women’s ankle tattoos and their meaning
The list of pictures that can be most often found on the ankle of modern girls is represented here:
- wings – a symbol of divine beauty, integrity and purity of the female image;
- sun – a sign, which is always positive; it means a bright soul of its owner, his or her energy and wisdom. It is thought that this tattoo brings a good luck in all the endeavors;
- birds are mostly the symbols of spiritual aspiration to higher spheres and perfect things;
- fabulous fairies are a symbol of eternal youth, freedom and unearthly beauty; it is also a desire to preserve the children’s perception of the world, imagination, awe and wonder;
- hearts of different kinds. Heart is a symbol of love and romance, the embodiment of all living power and vitality of a person. The courage, friendship, love, unity, sometimes pain and suffering – are also embodied in this ancient and popular picture;
- star or scattering of stars. This picture carries the idea of the sky, prosperity, and good luck, it is believed that the stars give inspiration for its bearer;
- dolphins in different variations. This is a talisman that brings good luck. It is also a symbol of the desire for freedom, faith in goodness, unintentional joy, and willingness to help;
- realistic or fantasy butterfly. Butterfly became one of the most famous traditionally female symbols, embodying all the gentle and positive feminine qualities;
- notes hints at an unusually creative and unique nature of the carrier indicates the excellent talent and originality.
The other popular ankle tattoos are:
- zodiac signs;
- bracelet tattoos, which covers the entire circumference of the ankle.
Peculiarities of after-care
If you take care of your ankle after tattooing it, protect it from dust, dirt, high temperatures as in baths or solarium and close contact with wool and synthetics. The rehabilitation of this part of the body carries mostly well.
To make thigh tattoos in autumn or spring is better. You can wear appropriate shoes to eliminate attrition, as well as it will be easier to protect the tattoo from dust.
Celebrities’ ankle tattoos
Heather Locklear has a heart rose flower design tattoo with the name “Finch” located on her right ankle.
Hilary Duff has tattoos on both feet: an anchor on her left ankle and “Let It Be” on the side of her right foot.