Nowadays tattoos with an image of butterflies are very popular because they emphasize personality, unique style, femininity and emotional state of harmony of their owners.
Meanings of Tattoo
In mythology, the butterfly is often compared to the Great Goddess, Mother, ruling over all life on earth and in heaven.
There are several meanings of this symbol:
- As surprising as it sounds, a tattoo with the image of Wind hawk creation was a symbol of militancy in Mexico.
In Mayan civilization there was a belief the souls of warriors who died on the battlefield, turn into butterflies and then fly over the battlefields.
And sketches of tattoos depicting butterflies are a symbol of rebirth, a new beginning. Perhaps that is why butterfly tattoos are applied in the turning points of life, on the eve of decisive events.
- Another common value of butterfly tattoo – freedom, free spirit. In nature, butterflies flutter freely and easily, their image gives the owner a freedom and lightness.
- Christian overtones butterfly tattoo is interpreted as a sign of resurrection and immortality of the human soul.
- Tattoo butterfly in the East symbolizes femininity, joy, grace, and a few fluttering butterflies is a symbol of family happiness.
- Tattoo butterfly with flower plums – means “longevity and beauty”; butterfly with chrysanthemums symbolizes “beauty in old age”.
It is noteworthy that in Japan if a butterfly has flown into the house, it is considered a harbinger of death, so the butterfly tattoos in Japan represent mysticism.
What matters are shown by a butterfly
- Spread wings – a sign of openness to the world
- Two butterflies – a sign of marital happiness
Also, you can make the following types of tattoos:
- fairy butterfly
- celtic, ethnics
- Often, butterfly is depicted in combination with other elements, such as a stud pattern, curved lines, flowers, hearts and stars.
Place of tattoo
They are “woven” in Celtic designs, such as the second option Celtic pattern that draws a butterfly wings tattoo. Another brutal variation tattoo with butterflies is the steam punk style.
Popular areas of application
Tattoo with the image of butterflies – This is an excellent choice for a first tattoo, as this pattern strongly obliges to nothing.
A small butterfly tattoo on the ankle or shoulder can pleasantly and elegantly accentuate your true beauty. Loins – one of the most popular and fashionable places on the body for tattoo.
Men prefer arms and shoulders.
Celebrities tatoo with butterflies
Everyone wants to be unique and especially the stars. In order to stand out against the background of other celebrities, they decorate their bodies with tattoos symbols, slogans, and images.
Among celebrities who have butterfly tattoos are Maria Carey (she is a fan of Wind hawk),
Drew Barrymore (on her belly), Britney Spears (on her right leg), Paris Hilton.