Tattoos with a name: popular idea from the past times or a modern way to decorate your body? We’ll know from the next article how to choose the best sketch for yourself and look perfect with a name tattoo.
Table of Contents
- 1 Name Tattoos
- 2 Basic meaning of Name Tattoos
- 3 How did this idea appear?
- 4 Choosing the best spot for a name tattoo: boys and girls
- 5 Name tattoo and its combination with a tattoo style
- 6 Different options for a name tattoo
- 7 Famous people with a name tattoo
If you want your tattoo to look its best then pay special attention to the next interesting conditions of getting it:
- It goes better with a romantic personality;
- If this name has a huge meaning for you then you’d better not put it on the visible part of your body;
- Doesn’t matter if you are boy or girl;
- It’s better if the size of your tattoo isn’t too big.
The most important thing in this case is your own desire. When you are personally sure in your decision of getting a name tattoo then it will be perfect.
Basic meaning of Name Tattoos
What’s your first thought about a person having a name tattoo? What can a name tattoo say about this or that person?
- He or she is in love with someone.
- Probably this person respects someone’s ideas and highlights it in this tattoo.
- Sometimes if it’s this exact person’s name then this tattoo means a high level of self-confidence.
A name tattoo has a lot of meanings’ shadows. Final meaning depends on this or that idea of a tattoo.
How did this idea appear?
The idea of a name tattoo appeared long ago, when people started getting tattoos with letters and words. Firstly they preferred to get their own names putting it on fingers. But when the basic idea became more popular people decided to put other person’s names on their bodies. Today a name tattoo has a very intimate and personal meaning for everyone.
Choosing the best spot for a name tattoo: boys and girls
Cool ideas for boys
Usually guys prefer the next parts of the body for their name tattoos:
Depending on the size some other parts of the body may be chosen.
Nice spots for girls
Female’s options for a name tattoo are:
Rarely women prefer other spots such as a shoulder or the fingers.
Name tattoo and its combination with a tattoo style
If to speak about tattoo style fitted the name we have to mention some special fonts:
- Graffiti. Perfect for crazy and modern ideas and sketches.
- Chicano. Very gentle and beautiful, female style.
- Gothic. Creative and unusual, looks amazing in combination with some other elements.
- Numerical. Cool and fancy interecting style.
- Old English. Very sophisticated, perfect for unique and unusual English-style names.
You see that every font is good for both genders. Boys and girls may choose the same tattoo style and it will look 100% wonderful and impressive. But firstly you should check your sketch and try it with different styles.
Different options for a name tattoo
Men can add to their name tattoos some of the next elements:
- Animals. Usually men prefer animal heads. Here you have to choose an animal somehow connected with the name or its meaning.
- Some stuff connected with this name. For example, if it’s your child’s name you can put their baby’s elements like toys.
- Natural elements. Usually it’s preferred as a background: a beautiful waterfall or picturesque sunset are a very impressive addition for your name tattoo.
Recommendations for women
Speaking of women it’s important to mention the next special additions for a name tattoo:
- Flowers. Flowers look very beautiful near the letters and can highlight them.
- Shadows. Women prefer shadows as an addition for a big enough name tattoo. Shadows makes the letter more readable and also helps your body look more fit.
- Nature. Different nature motives also can make your tattoo look more fresh and cute. Trees, bees, birds, plants, you may choose whatever you want.
Objectively girls have more options for their name tattoo and can choose almost everything to make it look it better and finished. By the way, in your final work there should be seen a cool combination between the font and additions you’ve chosen.
Famous people with a name tattoo
Let’s have a look at them and rate: