This colorfull and stunning image is probably the most widespread among fans of tattoos of all ages and tastes.
Psychological aspects of tattoos
If the body and hands are painted with dragons – this is the type of person craving for something special.
Since dragons – is a desire to stand out, personified, ready to take any idea in return to promises of exciting life or exciting events.
The dragon is one of the most noted, popular and honorable symbols in the world of mythological creatures.
Tattoos depicting dragons were located on the back, along the spine of all the emperors of China and their wives, that is, the value of the dragon tattoo on the back area is closely associated with the main appendage of imperial power.
As well, it has always embodied the magic and spiritual qualities.
Dragons in the traditions and myths of the peoples
- At Celtic, it was the sign of the sovereign power and represented the “circle of life”, the human life cycle.
- In the West, the emblem of the dragon, in most cases acted as an evil force that should be overcome.
A place where the picture can be located
Tattoo wizards note that the best images of dragons are obtained on the largest possible area of the body:
Many prefer the black color tattoo: that means respect for parents.
- Blue or blue creatures – symbolize peace and tranquility, combining unique to aggressive animal qualities.
- Gold and Yellow Dragon, contrary to popular belief, is not identified: if the first says about fighting attitude of the owner, the yellow is associated with wisdom and gentleness.
Masters do not recommend to portray the dragon on the leg (lower part) since this is a very limited area, which is quite difficult to express the whole idea.
As for tattoos for girls
Females often choose fairy style, sketches of fabulous creatures in the original fairy design.
Female mythological creatures are usually complemented by flowers and inscriptions and looked rather than intimidating and coquettishly.
Dragon Tattoos for males
The preferred colors of the male – black, red.
Celebrities with the Dragon Tattoo
Quite a lot of celebrities preferring dragons.
- Angelina Jolie: has replaced the mythological creature on her left hand. As the actress said, the creature symbolizes family and faith for her.
- Mel C: a tattoo on her right ankle.
- Mel B: Dragon on the back.