Chest tattoos are common worldwide. It’s a very modern and cool way to express your personality and decorate your body. Let’s learn some more about chest tattoos and their meaning.
The Bird and Rosary Chest Tattoo Idea
This is the dream catcher slightly below. The dream catcher is believed to help people avoid nightmares, in the Thai tradition. This is a symbolic chest tattoo.
This is a tiger drawn across the chest, with a man and woman drawn below. Tigers naturally symbolizes strength, courage depending on how the wearer wants it.
This is a nice wing chest tattoo idea for men, it has a colorful pattern drawn on each side of the chest to the arm.
Advantages and disadvantages
Your very first step in the process of deciding if you want to get a chest tattoo is to compare all advantages and disadvantages it has. Let’s try to do it and begin with the better part:
- A chest tattoo looks impressive and beautiful. .A nice chest tattoo for women, it has a rose between which symbolizes emotions.
- It’s a unique and modern spot for a tattoo. Here, rose flowers are drawn to the left shoulder. rose flowers is a sign of love, affection and most importantly, it’s a nice chest tattoo idea for women.
- You may choose whatever style or size you like. This is a flowered dream catcher drawn carefully below the chest.
- It fits both genders the same. This is a nice idea for women, the dream catcher.
But you should pay attention to some minuses of this kind of tattoo as well:
- If your tattoo is pretty big it’s supposed to be difficult to hide. This is a religious themed chest tattoo, Jesus is drawn in the middle, an owl is largely drawn below it. This tattoo represents a sign of faith, and an owl is a symbol of truth.
- Depending on the shape of your chest it may be hard to choose a good sketch. This chest tattoo has 2 hands grabbing the chest, like it wants to tear it apart.
- Getting older you will see that your chest tattoo changes its shape especially if you gain or lose your weight easily.
You should also think about your own pluses and minuses. For example, if your skin is really sensitive it would be terrible painful while getting a tattoo and so on.
Pain level is one of the most important questions from amateurs in the tattoo sphere. You have to understand that differents spots have their own pain level while getting a tattoo. Objectively the pain level is defined by many details and peculiarities such as:
- Your personal pain threshold;
- Thickness of your skin;
- Your tattoo master experience;
- Siize of your chest tattoo.
If you are afraid of pain, but stll want to get a tattoo you may ask your master for special pain reliever to while getting a tattoo. It will help you to have a high tolerance to pain during your tattoo session.
The best ideas for sketches for boys and girls
Chest tattoos for boys and girls have some typical features. For instance, girls prefer some nature details such as animals or flowers. Men like ethnic features or symbols. Let’s get acquainted with the most common male and female chest tattoo ideas.
Unique ideas for boys
- Guns. A gun is a very manlike symbol. It shows self-confidence of the person and his braveness.
- Wings. Wings symbolize freedom and a special life to far-away travels.
- Skull. A skull is usually portrayed in combinations with other different elements such as flowers or plants. It’s preferred to combine multiple skulls. It’s a symbol of strength and braveness.
- Animals. Different animals have different meanings. For example, a fox has a meaning of slyness, a bear has a meaning of a powerful personality.
- Tribal style tattoos. Very manlike style showing that this or that person is fond of traditions and respects the values from the past.
Nice sketches for girls
- Flowers. Flowers are a very light and gentle symbol of spring and revival. Usually women prefer to get different kinds of flowers in their chest tattoo sketches.
- Animals. Almost always animals are portrayed in combination with plants or flowers. If to speak about meaning we may say that it definetely depends on the exact kind of animal, colours and the style of tattoo you choose.
- Ethnic elements. Different ethnic elements can be shown either as a whole tattoo or as an element of your sketch. Often it doesn’t have any special meaning and is used just like decoration of the whole part.
- Natural features. This one has a direct meaning, a person getting natural elements as a tattoo is fond of nature, trees or animals and loves our planet.
- Tattoos with a mirror. Mirrors as an element of your chest tattoo shows that your personality is really difficult to describe, you may be different in different situations.
Take care of your chest tattoo in a proper way
Tattoo masters are sure that the process of recovering is even more important for your tattoo than the exact session of getting it. You are responsible for your tattoo’s quality and your own health.
That’s why you must follow some special recommendations saying how to take care of your chest tattoo in the correct way:
- Ask your tattoo master for the name of the cream you should use to help your skin in the process of recovering. There are some special treatments for tattoos helping you to recover faster and better.
- Avoid going to the gym, swimming pools or bathhouse while recovering.
- Don’t touch your tattoo often and don’t scratch it! Also, it’s undesirable to wear a lot of clothes covering your tattoo, it’s better if your skin can breathe.
- In summer you should prefer strong sunscreen for your tattoo. It will help you to keep the colours lasting longer.
If you have any problems with your tattoo for instance that it hurts for a long time or you feel uncomfortable don’t hesitate and be sure to tell your tattoo master about it. Remember that proper care provides you not only with a good quality tattoo but also with good health!
Famous people with a chest tattoo
As we said earlier chest tattoos are popular all over the world. Some of the famous people are brave enough to get it and to show it while being on the red carpet. Let’s look at them and rate their chest tattoos: